Wednesday 21 December 2011

Wrapping Paper and Cushions

Hi, Pam from Threading My Way...

I saw some fabulous ideas for wrapping presents over at Hopeful Threads. One of my favourites, was Kristy's idea of using a pillowcase instead of wrapping paper.


I used this tutorial from Flower Press to quickly make up a pillowcase. Using the tutorial meant I didn't have to spend time measuring an existing pillowcase. I wanted the pillowcase to be suitable for wrapping a Christmas present, without being too Christmassy, hence the colours I have chosen. For me, the hardest part of making the pillowcase, is making sure the fabric is cut accurately as rectangles. Once that is done, it takes no time at all to sew the pillowcase.

Pop the present inside, tie it up and you have a present within a present. There's nothing to throw away, as even the ribbon can be used again.


I've made a sewn card to go with this present. It's going to be put inside an envelope, before it goes under the Christmas tree. I just wanted to show you the pillowcase with matching card.

What's inside the pillowcase you ask?


Two patchwork cushions for my Mum. I used this tutorial, which I found on The Crafty Christmas Club,  by Too Many Pastimes. This was my first time attempting patchwork, so I'm rather pleased with how they turned out, even though the corners don't match perfectly.


Not so long ago, I shortened a tablecloth for Mum. The patterned squares in the cushions are made from the offcuts of that tablecloth. I hope Mum likes them.

No comments:

Post a Comment