Tuesday 13 December 2011

Boxer Shorts

Hi all...Stitchybritt here, ready to show you my latest Christmas creation - a pair of boxer shorts for boyfriend.  They may seem like a regular old pair of boxer shorts but I am actually really proud of them - not only because they worked out well, but because they were really quick to whip up (about an hour in total) AND they're made from fair-trade, organic cotton.


Here's Snorky helping me to cut out the fabric.  Basically I took an old-worn out pair of boyfriend's boxer shorts and cut them up for a pattern.  I doubt he'll miss them, but I'm not sure how he will feel about me showing you all his pants on the interwebs : s oh well


I then had five pieces - two front, two back, and the lining piece for the front opening.  I stitched them all together with waist elastic and this is what I got...


Pretty neat, huh?  The front opening works like this, so boys can visit the loo easily...


And a simple elasticated waist.  That's all there is to it.  I'm quite pleased with them, and if they fit well, I'll probably make more for boyfriend in the future.


Not long to go now Christmas crafters!  Good luck for your last two weeks of crafting!

Stitchybritt xx

3 comments:

  1. I think they look great..handmade boxers are definitely better than store bought ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great boxers, and great helper! Snorky is such a cute name, LOL.

    I really should try making some of those for my sons (21 & 22) - sleep pants would be good too! My cat is 18 pounds so if he sat on the fabric, things would get ugly, HAHAHA (sorry Zoomer, but you know it's true - even Snorky says so!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. She's actually called Snork Maiden, like the character from the Moomins, but Snorky for short. Of course she didn't want to budge when I went to cut the fabric - cheeky girl : )

    ReplyDelete