Friday 9 December 2011

Snap Happy!




Hi there! It's Karen from Didyoumakethat? I'm so glad to have this space, safe from prying family eyes, in order to share my latest Christmas make.

Handmade Jane recently posted a tutorial on this blog for making a wash bag. (Thanks, Jane!) I adapted this project to make a camera lens bag for my photography-mad sister.

I used some Echino by Etsuko Furuya fabric bought from Ray Stitch and lined the make with a silk/cotton mix in a complementary colour scheme. The purple velvet ribbon is from Ray Stitch, as is the wonderful label.


I love this make and can barely stand to give it away. But give it away I must. Apparently, Christmas is all about the giving...


4 comments:

  1. Karen it's FAB!! Glad the tutorial was useful and what a brilliant idea adapting it as a camera bag, genius. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How spooky, i just made the exact same thing in the exact same fabric for my photography minded brother. Mine is still a washbag though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lens bag is fabulous - I've coveted that fabric for a while (although I haven't seen it in that luscious purple - yummy) and keep meaning to get some to make camera bags for my sister and her daughter - your sister is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete