Sunday 11 December 2011

Crochet mug cozies!


Mug cosy collage

Bonjour! Kate here (aka Mommy en France from Two little cabbages & cie), using the guest login into share these cozies with you.

I think I have become addicted to making them. Besides these two, I have a few others in the works. They are so easy to create, even for someone like me, who has only very basic knitting and crochet skills. You can definitely whip one up while watching an hour or two of television, or listening to your favorite podcasts.

The cozy on the right is made from this fabulous funky wool yarn called Terre Neuve (in multicolour) from the French knitting chain Phildar. I used this pattern, free on Ravelry and the author's website. The cozy on the left uses up some wool I've had for years, from the last time I attempted knitting (2004?). If I recall, I bought it at the local supermarket! I used the pattern from the latest issue of Mollie Makes. I have to say, I was a little disappointed because I didn't find the article clear enough about how many chains to use (mug sizes do vary after all) and whether the starting chain was to run vertically or horizontally. But this could just be me and my cluelessness. At any rate, I managed to make it work.

Both are for my cousin and his fiancée and I'll be adding a tin of my favorite tisane as well.

Happy holiday crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment