Thursday 22 December 2011

Introducing Molly Ellen


Meet Molly Ellen! I made her for my daughter and I know she will love her. My husband made her adorable glasses, as we all wear them. Now she's really one of the family!

I used a Waldorf doll kit I bought almost 2 years ago from Weir Dolls (can I call this stashbusting - LOL!). She's 16 inches tall and made from super soft organic stretch knit. I borrowed Making Waldorf Dolls from the library, which clearly details how to make your Waldorf doll head - the hardest part - and the body. For her hair, I used the Crafty Sheep's tutorial.

Her clothes are made from bits and pieces from my stash. Her dress is the doll version included in this pattern and her blouse and pants are from here. This is the first time I've made a Waldorf doll and, even though the process can be tricky, I found it really rewarding. I can't wait to see my daughter's face when she opens this!

1 comment: