Tuesday 20 December 2011

A Very Jackie O Muslin

Hello fellow crafters! It's Amy of Sew Well yet again with another last minute handmade gift.


My mom asked for a cape for Christmas, and I was happy to oblige. In fact, I thought I could draft a cape pattern that would fit her perfectly using the simple directions in Patternmaking for Fashion Design. All I needed from her were her measurements... about a hundred of them according to the book. I recently came to my senses and decided that I should figure out pattern drafting for myself before I move on to others, and I placed an Etsy order for a vintage cape pattern.

Since the cape pattern didn't arrive in time for holiday crafting, but Daughter Fish's Simplicity 6402 did, I quickly sewed up a very Jackie O muslin as a place holder for my mom. Lucky for me, my mom is understanding.  I think the thoughtfulness of not only a handmade cape but also a gorgeous handmade dress and jacket combo sometime in the coming month will make up for the fact that she only has a muslin to unwrap on Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment