Thursday 8 December 2011

My second quilt is completed!


I finally finished my quilt! It is a "mystery quilt" which I started in July and finished this month, just in time to ship it to England for the holidays. The instructor for my quilting class told us to buy dark, medium dark, medium, and light fabric is specific quantities. Each week she would give us another step, but we had no idea what the end product would look like. I am so happy with my color choices!

This is going to be a gift for my mother in law, who means the world to me. Blue is her favorite color, so I used a lot of blues throughout and incorporated tropical looking fabrics because I first met her in Hawaii.
 
I have put the most time and effort into this quilt, much more than any other item I have made and I am so proud of it!!  I must say, it's hard to give this away, but it is going to someone that deserves it and will appreciate it. This is my second quilt and there will be many more to come. If you would like to see more photos please stop by my blog. Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. WOW if that's only your second quilt you're definitely a natural - it's gorgeous! Your MIL is lucky to have a DIL who loves her AND is crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in your quilt. Lucky MIL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! I can see how taking a class and putting so much effort in can really pay off. (note to self) Your MIL will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the sweet comments!

    And seeks, I highly recommend taking a class! It's great for inspiration, help, and a fun social environment! :)

    ReplyDelete