Saturday 10 December 2011

A clutch and two wallets

Hi, it's Aleah from no time to sew. I've finished a few gifts! Having sewn garments exclusively for a while, I'd kind of forgotten how quickly little bags/pouches go together (and how little fabric they use), and I was able to finish these three things in two evenings - crazy (for me, anyway)! First I have gifts for my interns at work, both from both from terrific tutorials from Noodlehead:

The top one (for my female intern) is the gathered clutch, a fun take on a regular zipper pouch that is really pretty and not really much more effort. I added a removable wrist strap by sewing a tab with a d-ring into the side seam and attaching a strap to a tiny dog clip. Her favorite colors are purple and black, so I was glad to find this fabric. The bottom item (for my male intern) is the zippy wallet. I love the pearl snap on the little tab! I added a key ring in case he wants to clip it to his keys or belt. It's so hard to find adult-male-appropriate fabric, but I like this plaid. It's a thin shirting, but I interfaced it with a sturdier interfacing. Check out all the other great tutorials at Noodlehead if you need a last-minute quickie gift!
I also made this wallet for my mom:

The pattern is this one from Dixie DIY. I made just a couple changes - I used a magnetic snap rather than a button/loop, only put in one money pocket, and I made my zipper pocket the same way as on my messenger bag instead of how she instructs. I love this fabric!
So that's all for now, but I hope I can keep up this pace for a while longer and have some more things to share soon. Happy Making!

3 comments:

  1. Love the gathered pouch; both the fabric and the design. I already have the pattern and you've motivated me to sew it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the references you just gave me. :) I am now thinking of all the ways I could put them to use. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric design of your pouch is good.
    Your fabric design your better.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete