Sunday 18 December 2011

Dress-Up Tutu's


Hi! I'm Sarah from Ohhh Lulu! I am almost done all of my Christmas Crafting...


This is what I made for my 5 & 7 year nieces - Dress up Tutu's! I love these so much I wish I could have one!

They were very simple to make. I used about 10 yards of tulle & netting per tutu. I cut a piece of wide elastic long enough to fit around a little girls waist, and sewed a length of ribbon to each end. I cut long strips of tulle about 5" wide and tied strip after strip along the elastic, stretching the elastic and crunching as much tulle on as possible to make is extra fluffy. I secured the first and last strip with a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine. You can kind of see how the strips are arranged I was able to make 2 in 1 night, which watching some Christmas movies. There are tons of tutorials on line that give detailed instructions. This is a really easy quick project and I think the girls will have a lot of fun with them!





2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Sarah...they make me want to be a little girl again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make these for my little nieces next year. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete