Monday 12 December 2011

Oh Sarah O's Christmas To-Do List

Hello Everyone! My name is Sarah O of ohsaraho, blogger of all things artsy, crafty and fun. Christmas is less than two weeks away, which means that I am in full Christmas elf mode, knitting away on my last minute gifts, completing my last minute Christmas shopping, and wrapping up all of my Christmas gifts to place underneath the tree. Right now I have several projects on my knitting needles that I am hoping to complete. Here's a list of knitting pattern's that I'm hoping to complete this holiday season (note: if you have a Ravelry account you can click the link to view the patterns):

  • To Eyre... by Carol Sunday. This shawl pattern is based off of one of the shawls worn in the new Jane Eyre movie (which I have yet to see). I picked up some skeins of Ella Rae Classic wool in a grey/navy blue color for this shawl and can't wait to knit this up and check out the film.
  • Cambridge by Carol Sunday. I've had my eye on this shawl ever since I saw those paparazzi photos of Kate Middleton pushing her shopping cart. I've even caught myself thinking that I could shop like a princess, if only I had that shawl. I'm sure I could not afford the original, but thankfully there is a look-a-like pattern available on Ravelry. So this weekend I picked up some skeins of The Spectrum Collection Fluffy Stuff DK yarn in green and began casting-on this shawl. Check out my progress:

  • Wurm by katushika. This floppy hat pattern is based off of the hat worn by Michael Cera in the film Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World. It looks like a fun, quick knit, but I'm not sure of what colors and what kind of yarn I'm going to use.
  • Ribbed Watchman's Hat by Channah Koppel. This pattern was originally designed to create hats for Israeli (IDF) soldiers. I'm actually going to use this pattern to create a navy stocking hat for another soldier that I know whose a little closer to home.
  • Winding River Cowl by Kathleen Cubley. I recently purchased some beautiful Lion Brand Amazing yarn in Mesa and hope to quickly knit this up for a family member who often ventures West.

No comments:

Post a Comment