Wednesday 21 December 2011

Quick Knitted Gifts

Hello! Sarah O from Oh Sarah O! here. I'm still knitting away on my (ravelry link)Cambridge shawl and hoping to get it finished in time for Christmas. Knitting the same pattern over and over again can get a bit monotonous and boring, so over the weekend I decided to take a break from the shawl and whip up 2 quick knit Christmas presents for some other very special relatives this year.

First, I knit up a (ravelry link)Ribbed Watchman's Hat for a special soldier that I know who returned home from combat in one piece in 2010. I used about half of a skein of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Solids and Heathers in Navy and cranked this baby out in just over a day (with frequent breaks). I tried to take a picture of me modelling the hat, but I found it difficult to take a good photograph of me and the hat while it was on my head. I can testify that it is very warm and cosy.



Next, I knit the (ravelry link)Lyndhurst Cowl with 2 skeins of Lion Brand Amazing in Mesa for a "lady of the desert." This cowl only took me a day to make. The colors remind me of a desert sunset and the yarn is very soft and fluffy. I'm sure this lady will love it when the temperatures start to drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment