Sunday 20 November 2011

A slow start is better than no start!

Hi All!  I'm Valerie, and I blog over at sewcranky.  I admit to being late to the holiday crafting party and was so excited to be able to get started today.  I'm hoping to get a lot done over the long weekend, as I will not be going to work or out shopping at anything resembling a mall.  Just thinking about the parking is enough to make my stress level spike!

I'm making my (toddler) nephew a chef coat and so wanted to customize the one I'm giving my BIL to match the one I'm giving my nephew.  I'm always excited to be able to use the fancier features on my sewing machines, so (even though this isn't a very exciting post compared with some of the amazing, creative projects I've seen on here (sorry)) I had to share with someone!

I did a test swatch figure out how the placement of the name worked in the embroidery hoop.  I'm not good enough to do this by estimating, so I measured exactly where I wanted his name.  I also used the blue thread in the bobbin so that any bobbin thread that pulled through wouldn't show.


And here it is!  I'm thrilled with how it came out.


Yay!  One down.... several to go.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely idea. Wishing I had an embroidery machine now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! And this is creative so stop thinking it's not!

    ReplyDelete