Thursday 10 November 2011

Neck warmer



I made this quarter moon looking bag filled with rice. I like it much more than ones I have made in the past because the shape is perfect for putting around my neck and I used an extra layer of fabric, so it feels more sturdy. It's filled 3/4 of the way with rice and three tablespoons of dried lavender. When I heated it in the microwave for two minutes and put it around my neck it felt and smelled amazing! I will definitely be making more of these as Christmas gifts.



If you would like to see what else I have been up to please visit my blog. Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. cute! love this idea for a blog! I've been not posting alot of my crafting due to it being christmas presents and to many family read my blog. Rice neck warmers are such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of these for myself about a year ago... and I LOVE it. I love your idea of the addition of lavender- that is a great idea! I am adding this to my Christmas "to do " list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the women in my quilting class added dried rosemary and it smelled good too!

    ReplyDelete