Sunday, 6 November 2011

The Christmas Red shawl



My third finished present! :) This one is for my mum, as she never buys herself things. She's much rather buy my brothers and sisters a new scarf or a new winter coat, than keep herself warm. And her favourite colour is red! This is another Cascade 220 Heathers yarn, and there were a few different reds that I thought she'd like. I couldn't decide, so decided to check the names of the colours. This yarn was called 'Christmas Red', so that cinched it! :)
The pattern is a free one available from Ravelry. It's call Sheri and is here
I love this little scarf/shawl, though I think it could do with a more aggressive block. The lace edging isn't as open as I'd like, so I might re-do the blocking, depending on how it looks by Christmas.
Oh, and I remembered to take a pre-blocking photo!
It was curling like crazy! It's much better now, but still curls a little at the top edge. I don't think it'll be noticeable when worn though :)
Ashley x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! The edges are so very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty color! I'm a non-knitter but projects like this tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice articles. I'm just blogwalking and very happy to stop here. And also give you some comment here.

    Dont forget to give us some your comment into my blog too.

    Thanks for share,
    * Rio Prasetyo *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh so pretty. I love the colour...great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely colour. So Christmas-y. :-) I will definitely look for this pattern on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete