Wednesday 30 November 2011

ANOTHER capelet


 I know, I'm not very exciting because I made the same capelet twice this month. The first version was for myself, but when my sister saw it she requested one of her own. We went to a fabric store, battled some terrible customer service (don't get me started), and she ended up choosing this lightweight canvas for the lining. It's pretty cool, I've never seen anything like it.

I found this black somewhat stretchy fabric for the outside of the cape at a local store. It was my first time sewing something so stretchy that just cutting it was a challenge. When I sewed it I used tons of pins which seemed to make life easier. 

As I mentioned in my last post, the "hood" is definitely more fashion than function, it is not going to fit over her head.

I tried it on to show all of you :) I can't wait to give it to my sister!

Please stop by my blog and say hello! I love meeting new sewing friends on the world wide web! :)

2 comments:

  1. It's super cute. I love it. Well done on taming that stretchy fabric - can be a real challenge!

    ReplyDelete