Tuesday 15 November 2011

Knitting Christmas


I'm starting to make some progress with my handmade holidays. First up is a knitted cowl I made for one of my closest friends. Green is her favourite colour, so I used some beautifully soft bamboo yarn in my stash. This is my first knit-in-the-round project and I'm very happy with the result.


My other good friend is getting a similar cowl to the one above. I'm using the same pattern; however, I have added 5 rows of K5, P5 ribbing at the bottom. She wears black all the time, so this dark charcoal Rowan yarn is perfect.


The last project on my needles right now is this tea cozy for my aunt. She is a such a lovely and vibrant person that I wanted to make her something that reflects that. After all this circular knitting, it's marvellous to work a project on straight needles. I do own a copy of 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet and it's the embellishment part of this project that I'm most looking forward to. The ladies in my family are each getting a tea cozy personalized with their favourite colours and flowers.

Please take a minute to stop by my blog as I have some amazing guest bloggers taking the helm as I craft away!

1 comment:

  1. These cowls look great - love that shade of green. Thanks for the cosy link - knitting a tea cosy is a knit nerd ambition for me, and this one looks do-able! :)x

    ReplyDelete