Thursday 17 November 2011

Ribbed Scarf

Hello Everyone,

Kat from Krafty Kat here again, pleased to report that I have finally finished my first gift! I must admit that this is not technically a Christmas gift although it may have been...my boyfriend's birthday is at the weekend and i started this scarf a while ago with the plan for it to be either a birthday or Christmas gift depending on when i finished it. Since it was finished before his birthday, a birthday gift it will be :)


This is a really simple scarf which is basically made up for a double rib (knit two, purl two). I think i cast on 38 stitches but you can make it as wide or narrow as you like, as long as you cast on an even number of stitches to enable you to do the rib. I added 3 stripes of 6 rows each, but you could easily change the pattern by omitting the stripes completely or by continuing them all along the scarf (i choose not to as changing wools is a bit fiddly!). Add tassels on the end with a crochet hook and tada...a scarf!

The details:

Needles: 4mm

Wool: 2 and a bit balls of Rowan Organic Wool DK Cloudy (836) plus some leftover dark blue wool

I may make a couple more of these in different colours for Christmas gifts. I also plan to jump on the Snood bandwagon by using this wool to make a snood for my mum for Christmas. It's a lot greener than it looks from the outside! For some reason i can't seem to rotate this picture, but you get the idea...!



Hopefully more finished gifts coming soon :)

K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment