Tuesday 1 November 2011

A Heavenly Shawl




This is my second finished Christmas present, and it's for my friend Emma. It's a free pattern that can be found on Ravelry here. It's call 198yds of Heaven, hence the title of this blog post ;) I used Cascade 220 Heathers, in the colourway 2445. I love this yarn! 
I forgot to take pre-blocking photo's, but the shawl was half the size it is now! It was my first time blocking something so aggressively, but I did it! It's now 44 inches in width and about 24 inches in length. I still can't believe the size difference! 
So, there's my second present. And you know what the best thing is?! I saw Emma yesterday and she'd bought a new bag. . . in the exact same shade of green! Woo! :)

3 comments:

  1. It looks great and I LOVE that color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is amazing! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful - I can't believe that you are giving it away - one lucky friend! Makes me wish that I could knit.

    ReplyDelete