Monday 7 November 2011

Found tins... and a Sorbetto refashion!

Hi everyone!  Stitchybritt here, ready to give you an update on some crafty and christmassy things.

First of all, I've been hunting down some second hand tins.  I mentioned in my last post that I theme my Christmas gifts, and this year's theme is tins.  Here are the three tins I have found so far, the big ex-panatone tin from a second hand shop, the two smaller ones from a school fete bric-a-brac market.  Nice!

Second hand tins for housing nifty gifties!
 I have really only just started my Christmas crafting, but I'll save that for another post.  Today, I thought I would share a top that I recently made for a friend, refashioned from a men's business shirt.

The 'before' shot
The 'after' shot
If you're a bit of a stitcher and have a keen eye, you probably recognise this as a Collette Sorbetto top.  That's right - I just traced the pattern onto an unwanted men's business shirt, kept the buttons and pocket at the front, and finished it off with some bias binding (I unpicked one side of the pocket to put the darts in, then sewed the pocket back on).  This one was actually a birthday gift for a friend, but it would be very easy to whip up a few for Christmas gifts as they are such a simple shape that they suit all types of women.  And you get to save a shirt from landfill!  Bonus!

Ok, I promise next post will actually feature some Christmas gifts (otherwise I'm going to fall waaay behind!).

Ciao

Stitchybritt x

2 comments:

  1. I love tins too and that tea tin is adorable. What a find. Also very impressed with the upcycled Sorbetto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using old tins is wondeful idea.
    I like the tutorial very much.

    ReplyDelete