I love knitting and have just started dressmaking this year, so my crafty Christmas projects will be mostly wool-based, though I do have a couple of things relating to decorations and wrapping to share, which I will leave until December - it seems a bit too early to be thinking about wrapping up presents just yet!
Firstly, if you're thinking about knitting some gifts yourself, I have a couple of ideas for quick projects which use just 1 or 1 and a bit balls of wool.
- Fetching fingerless gloves - lovely cabled gloves. I've made 2 pairs so far as gifts. Know any smokers? Fingerless gloves are ideal!
- Darkside Cowl - I've previously made this, er, 4 times. It's so cosy, and uses just one skein of Rowan Silky Tweed in a super-stretch diagonal rib. Silky Tweed is a mix of wool and silk, making it lovely and soft, therefore ideal for next to your face. Cowls/neckwarmers are ideal for cyclists - no scarves flying about!
So, what will I be crafting? Well, I haven't decided on patterns yet, but I will be making
- Mittens on a string for my niece, who's nearly 3 - what every child needs
- Mittens for an 8 month old
- Super-warm hat for my father in law