Tuesday 2 November 2010

Hello from Yorkshire and some soap

Hey everyone. This is my second Christmas of trying to make all the presents. I am appalling at sticking to deadlines so I'm hoping that this club will be a great motivator for me. I plan to bake, knit, sew and make soap for people this year. I've already made a start on the soaps as I need to have all those made by the 8th of this month if they are going to be usable by Christmas day.

First up is a honey soap. I wish I'd gotten a before shot because it went the most amazing orange colour when I added the honey. I made the honeycomb pattern by lining the mould with bubble wrap.



Next is a coffee soap. I used cold coffee instead of plain water and I swear it looked like angel delight when I was mixing it! We'll see if they hold their colour.



I'm going to make an oatmeal one as well and maybe one more but I'm not sure.

Thanks to Tilly for setting up CCC, I think this is going to be my most inspired Christmas yet :o)

1 comment:

  1. I love soaps! I work for Lush Cosmetics - Lush.com - and if you're making your own I'm sure some of their ingredient combos would be inspiring.

    ReplyDelete