1. Measure your noggin. Mine is 21.5 inches.
|This yarn makes me think of cotton candy!! Its so light and soft for how thick it is.|
2. Do some math: Make a quick gauge of your yarn. Mine (with magnum and size US19 needles) was 2 stitches/inch.
3. Do more math: 21.5" - 3" (for negative ease) = 18.5
18.5" x 2sts/inch = 37.
|You're working in the round....|
4. Cast on. You want your sts to be even numbered, so I cast on 38.
5. Knit 1, purl 1. Repeat, repeat. Thats all you're doin'.
|Easy and fast.|
6. It is probably a good idea to keep track of where each round begins....
7. I cast off after 3 inches.
8. Weave in the tail. It is a little wonky here because the stitches are so huge, but fear not! Just pull it a little bit when you sew in the tail.
9. Ready for winter! Or wrapping paper! I have little patience for blocking. It really looks great if you don't bother.
OK that is all,