Friday 22 October 2010

Tilly's crafty crafting plans

I guess the first thing for each of us to do (still just me at the moment!) is to introduce ourselves and our Christmas crafting intentions.

I'm Tilly, and I blog about sewing (particularly vintage style) over at Tilly and the Buttons. I started sewing at the beginning of the year and absolutely love it.


I want to make at least some of my own Christmas prezzies this year for various reasons. Firstly, because it injects an element of love and care into the gifts, making them a little bit more special. Secondly, because rampant consumerism (of which I have been a perpetrator) has started to make me feel nauseous, so I'd like to cut down on the shopping this year. Thirdly, because I'm trying (not very well) to save up for a trip so could do with cutting down the cost of the festive season. And finally, because it'll be fun!

I'm thinking about making all or some of the following:

Handbags - maybe this one on Sew Mama Sew?
Make up bags - one I made earlier below
Necklaces - there's a lovely fabric-covered necklace pattern that you can download for free from Amy Butler
Crafty food hampers
Baby quilted blanket - maybe a mini version of this Cloud 9 one
Pyjamas - very easy
Cards - maybe fabric collage ones
Wrapping paper / pretty wrapping accessories


Gosh, I'm exhausted just looking at that list! If I make at least one thing, I'll be happy I guess!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is a great idea for Christmas!
    It got me thinking about my Christmas presents (only two months now...) and I remembered a few bag and clutch purse patterns from Keyka Lou Patterns which I've attempted this year.
    http://www.keykaloupatterns.com/
    The owl coin purse is very cute (and thrifty since you can use remainder fabric lying around the house) and the grocery bag is very practical for the environment conscious folk.
    I've found all of the patterns I've used from Keyka Lou to be very easy to use with great clear instructions and good diagrams, and they are downloaded rather then printed.
    Maybe some other ideas for Christmas presents include homemade preserves and chutneys? Maybe it's a bit daggy, but I'm sure the gift recipient will be thanking you when they open up a jar of beautiful homemade plum jam!
    Keep the good ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily

    Thanks for that link to Keyka Lou Patterns - they're all so adorable!

    Do you want to join CCC as a contributor? If so, send me an email - craftychristmasclub [at] gmail [dot] com so I can send you an invitation to be an author.

    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete