Friday 29 October 2010

A Colourful Christmas

(Clockwise from top: Spice Cubes, Turquoise Holiday Trees, Tiny Dot in Petal, Turquoise Jingle Jangle, Orange Little Flakes from Michael Miller's Christmas Spice collection. Tiny Dots from Patty Young's Andalucia collection.)

I know, Hallowe'en isn't even over and yet I'm planning my Christmas decorating! What can I say? Christmas is my favourite holiday of the year and any excuse to start early is just fine with me.

Pink, orange, and turquoise may seem like an unusual holiday theme, but it works perfectly for me. I am planning on making new pillow covers for the living room, a skirt for our tree, and a table runner for our dining room. For the front porch and the dining room table, I'm making glitter pomegranates and oranges, as well as a glitter sign for our front door.

I'd really like to try my hand at these snow globes and this beautiful glitter house by Red Heads Craft More Fun:

(Image from Red Heads Craft More Fun. Tutorial here.)

My dilemma: Martha Stewart or Cathie Filian glitter? Which do you prefer? Input on your favourite glitter is welcomed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment