Saturday 30 October 2010

Hello from Scotland!

Hi Everyone!  My name's Debi and I blog over at My Happy Sewing Place.  I LOVE sewing outfits from vintage patterns, especially from the years 1939-1941 (and a few other decades as well).  Here's some of the photos of what I have been getting up to:

 I'm really excited about this blog as I'll be very busy with work in the lead up to the holidays so I can use a bit of a support group to get things movin' :-)

I'll be working on a Raggedy Ann doll for my niece from the 1940 McCall 820 pattern:

I can't wait to get started!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debi. I had a Raggedy Ann doll when I was a kid and I had no idea the character was so old! I think it's great that you're making one for your little one. Where do you source all your amazing vintage patterns from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stitchybritt!
    I get most of my vintage patterns from either ebay (U.S. and U.K) and etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo excited for your Raggedy Ann doll. I'm sure it will be really fun to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clothes you have been making and can't wait to see the Raggedy Ann doll.

    Thanks for sharing!
    @EddieDuckling

    ReplyDelete