Sunday 7 November 2010

Mini Bloomers



I've had this Collette pattern for mini-bloomers for a while (download it free here), thinking that I would make some in a silly pink sometime for myself. Then last week I realised that they would make great gifts for three close friends of mine. So! I bought some gingham in pink and purple and started to sew.


Unfortunately this is as far as I got when my overlocker decided to stop working (I have rethreaded it over and over and over but it still won't make a chain) so I have to wait until I can get to the sewing machine repair shop before I can go any further.

I think they will turn out pretty cute though. I will definitely post updates. I'm sure, if you weren't interrupted by a dodgy overlocker, that they would be very quick to make!

2 comments:

  1. on the overlocker, if you haven't already, try threading the needle thread last. dunno why that matters, but that often fixes it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I must have rethreaded that damn thing about 10 times! I don't know why you have to thread overlockers in a certain order, but you just do. Unfortunately it seemed to be a bigger problem this time. Nothing at all to do with the fact that it hasn't been serviced in about 15 years, I'm sure : /

    ReplyDelete