Saturday 6 November 2010

Funk up your bottles

Everyone's ideas in this blog are so inspiring - I am loving reading them all! Thank you everyone, & thanks again Tilly for setting it up :-)

I wanted to share something very simple to spruce up a bottle gift, because I don't know about you, but it's sometimes the only thing I can think of getting for the man who has everything (or who I don't know that well). However, rather than just pop it in one of those ready made stiff paper bottle gift bags I wanted to personalise it & put some effort in.


I made this as a Chrimbo example & others out of silver foil too for a special 40th gift, but this is something that can be completely personalised. It could be easily glammed up with beaded chain & bead drops - just think how blinged up it could look with Swarovski crystals!! The photos don't show the writing off in its full copper-coloured glory... sorry about that...



I raided my stores of crafty bits & found some copper foil (aka relief foil) that can be embossed. A quick search online found it stocked here. It's brilliant stuff - you can emboss it with patterns, pictures, special messages by writing on the reverse (backwards) with a ballpoint pen. It's cuttable with normal scissors. The labels are mounted on card & attached with lengths of jewellery chain & jump rings. If you're interested in more detail about how I did it, have a look at my scruffybadgertime blog.
Bye for now! Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent idea! I never find anything crafty for Him so I'll make a note of this. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete