Thursday 25 November 2010

Christmas Cards

Hi everyone! Wow, there are so many Christmas Craftsters here now and so many great ideas. You guys are amazing!

Things have been a little quiet from me lately, but I am pleased to say that my overlocker is back from the fix-it shop and the crafty wheels are in motion again. Meanwhile, when I was without overlocker, I decided to make some Christmas cards. I need to post mine out soon because I have friends scattered around the globe, and I'd like them to receive their cards before Christmas eve.


I started by drawing some patterns on some thick paper, then painting them using good old acrylics. I just made up the designs - in fact I sketched them whilst on the phone to someone at work (very important business call, obviously).


I bought some blank cards from the craft shop, cut the painted patterns up (actually I gave them that rough edge look by ripping them along a ruler) and stuck them on.


And there you have completely unique, homemade Christmas cards. If I was to make them again I'd probably make the patterns a little smaller, as you only get a small section on each card, but overall - I think they're alright : )

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Can I steal it? (with different patterns, obviously) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal away! And copy the patterns if you want, they were just random doodles I came up with.

    ReplyDelete