Saturday 27 November 2010

Looks like I'm not the only one to love Amy Butler Patterns!

For my birthday I had this book:
and since it had a purse pattern in it that has a zipper for closure rather than my nemesis metal clasp frame huffed about here I decided to give it a go.  This is what it looks like in the book:

and this is my attempt:


I had some Amy Butler fabric fat quarters that I'd treated myself to a while ago so used one for the main body of the purse and the top piece is a fabric remnant I picked up.  I'm using the other fat quarters to make two of the bags featured in the book and going to make more of the purses as Christmas presents as I think I know what I'm doing now I've made one!  Highly recommend the book as it comes with all the patterns in a nifty little holder at the back.

Happy making!

2 comments: