Wednesday 15 December 2010

Snowflakes

Like others who have posted before about present wrapping, I also favour brown paper. There are so many ways you can jazz it up, like using pretty ribbons and gift tags, or printing or painting onto the wrap. I think that brown paper really stands out against traditional Christmas wrapping too, when presents are under the tree.This year, I went for a silver raffia-style ribbon with a red paper gift tag (with pinked edges) and a felt snowflake. Simple and effective, though cutting out the snowflakes is a bit fiddly.

The snowflake could be used as a tree decoration, and could also be decorated with beads or glitter glue to jazz it up.

I got the snowflake shape from this tutorial from Craftster for a snowflake garland, which links to this page where you can find templates for the snowflakes to print and cut out. I made the snowflake garland last year too!


K x

4 comments:

  1. these look lovely, and so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I'm going to buy some white felt today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic. I am going with the brown paper wrapping too (and for some things, newspaper). Both can be prettied up with ribbon, lace, buttons, folds of other left-over paper... I like it that every gift is wrapped slightly differently.

    ReplyDelete